WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Weight, quilts, etc

Gosh I wish 20 lbs was all I need to lose! I might as well have gained the other 16 you were giving away, it feels like it at the moment!

JANE, I have no quilts on beds either, and only two wallhangings on the walls. One was made by me and the other was purchased from a quilting friend who did beautiful work and at the time was just starting out her marvelous career. Before this marriage, I made myself a quilt one time, started hand quilting, got a job and had to send it to a friend who quilted like me to finish, just got it back and sent it to the show in Coral Gables. Took a notion to put a price on it and a friend suggested a wartime price I thought no one would ever pay. It was the first thing sold, so I never even got a picture of it. So life goes on, and I have never made myself another one.

DORIS please enjoy Ireland for me. The only thing in my lifetime I have not been able to do, a trip to Northern Ireland to see where my forebears lived etc. I used to have a neighbor from Dublin who had tickets to go home, too, and her son would not go with her -- I should have volunteered, huh? Could have gone up to Ulster from there and at least would have had someone who knew the territory to guide me.

Well I'll quit bending everyone's ears...hugs to all. Lavinia-TN

1 Comments:

  • At March 26, 2007 at 7:59 AM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Hi, Lavinia....maybe there should be a quilter's tour to Ireland! LOL. My GGF was red-headed Irish. I have not been able to trace him but I do have a yen to see Ireland and Scotland...just have not made it a priority yet. LOL. I love the old Irish hymn "Be Thou My Vision" and think of the Christians there and here who have sung it down through the centuries (some eight hundred years!). I also like to read Some history of the British Isles and like watching the history channels on TV. Best to ya. JudyPete

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home