WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Brushed Cotton Fabric

I've recently received a fabric that I can only call "brushed cotton" (or at least that's what I recall my mother calling it back in the 1940s). It is not cotton flannel (and it was not listed as flannel on the website where I bought it) and it is not regular "quilting cotton" as we have come to think of it. The back of the tightly woven fabric is taut and smooth as cotton should be but the front surface has a slight nappy feel to it. I recall this kind of fabric being used for my fancy winter nighties, the ones my mom made with ruffles on the cuffs and down the front. (Am I dating myself or what? LOL)

Anyhow, when I ordered four yards of this fabric for quilt backing I was not expecting to receive brushed cotton. I was expecting to receive ho-hum cotton novelty print.

When I opened the package and saw what I received I did not bother to complain to the shop owner because the fabric will work out OK for the planned couch quilt and, as a matter of fact, might be even better than normal cotton. But I don't think I will shop at that online quilt shop again because of the owner's casual, less than 100% accurate listing of that fabric. The fabric was called "Fuzzytale Frogs" so consider yourselves warned ...

Judy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home