WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Summer came back!

Hi girls, I've been catching upon the posts- nice to be back among friends!
Cheryl in Alberta thank you for the lovely blocks and the neat puzzle letter, and photos of your bundle of joy. We just love that cheecky smile!
Pat I love those socks. Are they colourfast in the wash?

Life is hetic here. DH just helped bale the neighvbors last 20acre paddock of hay this weekend. Now he is paying the price for it with his good leg, but the crop is in! We were told more heavy rain was on the way, hence the ruch, but it has diverted out to sea and we are having glorious sunny, calm days of early autumn. So good for the soul.

I have been stretched to tears at times, with the demands of the farm, work and family plus the traveling I do. So I have phoned for an application to work as a prison nurse locally. Not my dream job but closer, saving me 1hr 20mins travelling a day, and the shifts will be easier- no nights except on calls between 8pm and 7am. So now I will wait for a vacency, but I have heard via the grapevine someone is leaving soon. I really like my job where I am and will be sad to leave, but I am getting abdo pains from the stress, and need to look after me.

Unfortunately DH thinks my time off my job is his time to get me to do things for him as well so we have to negotiate some boundaries on that I think! We have been busy feeding out, and the bull is sold and going this week. He was very unhappy about being separated from his girls yesterday. Although not tall he is as sold as a battleship and not someone you want to upset! We have sold 25 of our own cows and they go in the next few weeks too, leaving us with about 20 for raising calves on ( guess who is going to be doing that....)

Plans are well under way for the school trip, which will be to Vietnam. We have raised $15,000 of the $45,000 needed so far thanks to sponsorship, which is very encouraging. I have to make a decision about going (and saving) and I think it is too good an oppourtunity to miss!

I have booked my airfares to visit my mum in Chch at the end of May for a week, and I am taking my hand quilting and the heart blocks with me to do. This really will be a holiday, not attending courses or anything. DD2 will be going with me as well, so it will be turns of keeping a 3yr old busy and quilting!
well, time to get ready for work again. Happy stitchingto you all,
Cheers from the Mountain Thea

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home