WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, March 12, 2007

Backing on My KQ Challenge Wallhanging




The backing for my Keepsake Challenge wallhanging was made from the "Swiss cheese" remnant of the panel I mutilated when I fussy-cut the "real fish" for the front. I needed "real fish" to contrast with my gaudy pieced fish to carry out the theme of "Kids Don't Dress Nicely These Days" and after the fussy cutting was done I said to myself .... "Okay, you've just ruined a very nice panel, now what are you going to do with it?" The light bulb clicked on and with a little bit of extra work the messed up panel became the backing. Sometimes I surprise myself with a sneaky trick like that.

Judy

4 Comments:

  • At March 12, 2007 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Phyllis in Minnesota said...

    Judy: You are such a talented lady - both the front and the back look awesome. Good luck on the challenge
    Phyllis in Minnesota

     
  • At March 13, 2007 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

    Love those funky-dressed kids on the hanging sleeve!

    Kathi in Idaho

     
  • At March 13, 2007 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

    Clever , very clever ... !

     
  • At March 13, 2007 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    I know that most people who enter a challenge like this aim for "beauty". However, when I opened the envelope those fabrics were so appallingly ugly to me that I could not see anything remotely "pretty" or "lovely" in most of them ... the only one I liked was the one I used in the outermost border, a dark batik with blobs of color. So I decided to go for whimsy or humor instead of trying for "beauty". I am going to be very curious to see what other entries look like because I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I want to see what I missed. :-)

    Judy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home