WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, March 10, 2007



At last! My picture finally has shown up. This is my challenge quilt for our little guild. The fabric in the border and in the curved-seams nine patches is the challenge fabric. I used two different scales of black-and-white checked fabric in the setting, and used Sharyn Craig's setting method to make the blocks dance across the surface of the quilt. I'm happy with the way it turned out. It was fun to work on. It was pieced and quilted on my old Davis Vertical Feed treadle from about 1909. I love that machine, it really does a lovely job. I do love the ability to have pictures on this blog. It's such fun to see what others have been doing.

Pat in Rockport, TX

6 Comments:

  • At March 10, 2007 at 8:57 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Pat - The little blocks really do dance! Great job - love the multi-colored quilting. NancyH

     
  • At March 10, 2007 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Pat, how does the guild member in charge of the challenge pick such an outrageous challenge fabric? If I had seen that print I think I would have run the other way. LOL You certainly did an excellent job of distracting us from the rather .... ahem .... odd challenge fabric and giving us something exciting to look at.

    Judy

     
  • At March 11, 2007 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Beverley said...

    Pat, a great quilt. I have Sharyn Craigs instructions to do the twist and turn. How did you do the wavy 9 patches please??
    Beverley in sunny England.

     
  • At March 11, 2007 at 4:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Why do I waste my time trying to get everything perfect when goofy square look so much better?
    Milli

     
  • At March 11, 2007 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

    qGreat job Pat ! I particularly like the use of the black and white checks (esp the small one around the 9 patch..)
    Milli , often the "goofy squares" take every bit as much time as the "perfect" ones ! Ask me how I know....!!
    Marion.

     
  • At March 12, 2007 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Phyllis in Minnesota said...

    Pat: I enjoyed your quilt so much. It has a lot of "spunk". I have an old damascus sewing machine on which I learned to sew as a 6 years old and you have given me the encouragement to get it running again and make a quilt. I got it running about 2 years ago but need to tighten the belt. Dad use to remove the staple, cut an inch or so off the belt and make a new hole for the staple, so I'll give it a try.
    Thanks for sharing, Phyllis in Minnesota

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home