WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, March 12, 2007

Not such a smarty pants anymore!

Well! I thought I was so smart, not having any trouble posting , but had a mini scare when I had to determine if I was an "old" or "new" blogger! Humph! Getting a little personal aren't we!! Anyway, I decided I was old and got here ok.
Sandra, how many Dear Jane's have you made!!?? I don't know how you got through one, let alone multiples! And didn't you sell one? I give you a lot of credit, those are incredible!
Good luck Judy on your keepsake quilting challenge. Your fish were really cute. Now to make this legal for this page and not too chatty, does anyone have suggestions to get rust stains off of a quilt? It's for a friend. I suggested carbona's stain devil for rust, but I wondered if there were any other methods.
Enjoying warmer weather here, but it may not last!

Vicki

2 Comments:

  • At March 12, 2007 at 7:25 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Vicki - Have you tried Oxy-Clean? I have a small tub of the powder and just put a little bit (about 1/8 tsp.) into a glass of hot water. Then you can dab it on where you need it. I've used it a few times - once to get out either coffee or cola (never was sure which one it was) on an almost-done quilt top. I know lemon juice is another rust remover - you put it on and leave the item in the sunlight. Good luck! NancyH

     
  • At March 12, 2007 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Phyllis in Minnesota said...

    Vicki: I am wondering if it's really a rust stain. Blood stains that have been in fabric for a few years end up looking like rust. I think Nancy's idea of Oxy-Clean is a good one. Is the fabric in frail condition?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home