WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, March 12, 2007

chicken pattern

Would you be able to get the book, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without" by Country Threads. There is a cute chicken pieced block in there that I made a quilt for my "chicken lover" Mom. She grew up in a farm so put the blocks in an attic window setting but made it look like the chicken coop that they got eggs out each day. It turned out real cute.
If the library can't get it or you don't have it, I could copy it and send out the pattern for you. The email addy is lonnarae@email.com.
Was at my quilt sitters meeting today. We get patterns from this teacher, have a show and tell and then there is what is new in the shop since the last meeting. Of course there is always something that has your "name" on it and you just have to have it. :0) I got the Dick and Jane fabric that I have been looking at for sometime in a catalog and they had it so bought some. Husband asked what I was going to do with it and I said, "pet it". It reminds me of my first grade experience with learning how to read. Husband said that they don't use it anymore and wonder why it was good enough for us and not the kids now. I think the kids now are learning more phonics with their way of learning and are better readers because of that fact. Anyway, that material did have my name on it for sure.
Off to eat my supper. Everyone enjoy the day and best to those who need it. LONNA IN WI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home