WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Vacation quilts


After seeing pictures in the previous posts of quilts made to capture nature, I thought I'd post this one that I made after a driving trip from Texas to Montana (never again!!). The colors of the mountains and the terrain through Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana were just beautiful. I used the pinwheel because of the wind, trying to use the colors that I saw in the landscape, and added the mountains (even "snow-capped" them) and the pine trees around the border because they were everywhere you turned. I purchased the fabric in a shop in Kalispell, MT, trying my best to capture the blue, blue sky. Since I have a lot of trouble matching colors, I was pretty proud of myself for getting it pretty darned close! It's the best kind of souvenier too. NancyH

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home