WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Goodmorning from pollen land

It's so good to see the pictures, and Marion in N.Z.-to put a face with the names. What a beautiful country!
My abject apologies for my previous post that should have been on the chat page.
To keep things quilty--I'm proud that I took my Eleanor Burns class quilt over to the long arm quilter yesterday. It is a marvel how the "quick trip" method can truly make it a quick quilt. I had the top finished in 2 days, one in class one at home. It's a large lap quilt.
The long arm person is only charging $35.00 to quilt it, along with the poly batting. Not my first choice, but the person I'm giving it to will be leaving in a month, and the long arm quilter says she can have it finished in 4 weeks.
Pollen heavy from the oak/pine/wind here. I did a long walk yesterday, and used one tissue per mile. We also need rain, and more freezing weather. The weeds are spouting already. The leaves are still falling from the trees, and the vetagation is confused.
Today I'm puting some labels on some finished quilts for charity. Almost ready to stop the charity quilting, it has become a burden and a job, not enjoyable at all. I like the actual quilting, and the fun of getting together once a month, but then the quilts go into quilt limbo, and don't get finished by the quilt shop. Some have sat in a box for over a year. That's not helping anyone, and leaves feelings of frustration all around.
Back to a happy note. The sun is shining, and I'm making plans to go to the N. C. quilt symposium in May with a GF.
Best wishes to all,
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home