WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

phew...!!!

I was afraid that I would be drummed off this page for posting a non quilting related picture (by mistake !) How clever of you kind ladies to turn it into an object lesson in colour and design.! Thank you !

Truth is, NZ is a very beautiful country and because it is so small you can get to see most of it in a very short time !! We are an hour from the mountains one way, and half an hour from the sea the other way...

I always look at the beautiful scenery and wonder how I could represent it with fabric. I did a wall hanging of the lake for DH for his 60th Bday and another following a trip to Australia a few years ago. The colours there were amazing. I loved the red earth and the bright sunlight. . We had travelled through the Outback and across the Simpson Desert and I was totally charmed by it all. I'll see if I can locate that photo..

Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home