WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, May 6, 2013

Y2K + 13 update

What a productive retreat! Much to my own amazement, I got all 9 28" blocks made for the Y2K + 13 quilt!

This took a mere 1296 squares and 4 days to complete! There will be more white sashing between the blocks and then an outer border that will accomodate the remaining 717 squares to bring the total up to 2013. So far this has been much less tedious than I expected. Remind me I said that when I am in the middle of piecing those borders...

The squares collected from here and from the Quilting Forum needed very little added to allow these crayon box colours and there are enough squares left to complete the borders, I believe. Amazing!

I will post more pictures as the project moves to the next stage...

9 Comments:

  • At May 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

    These are absolutely beautiful! I take my hat off to you for even attempting this. The little squares would make me turn to an alcoholic!
    Sara in Fla.

     
  • At May 6, 2013 at 6:20 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Wow! Love the colors radiating out from the centers. I agree with Sara about those little squares though! NancyH

     
  • At May 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    You did a fine job with those squares.

    I'm very eager to see the finished quilt top so keep up the good work. :-)

    Judy in Ohio

     
  • At May 7, 2013 at 2:58 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

    Love your design. Anxious to see the finished quilt.

     
  • At May 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM , Anonymous Whitestone said...

    Lovely blocks! So glad those leftover fabs will become a new quilt!!! Nicely done!

     
  • At May 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Nicely done, Jean! Glad to see those leftover squares become a new quilt! Lovely indeed!

     
  • At May 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    OMG, how fabulous!
    What size are your little squares?
    Do you have siggies that you are going
    to use too?
    It's so wonderful, congrats Jean!

     
  • At May 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    OMG, how fabulous!
    What size are your little squares?
    Do you have siggies that you are going
    to use too?
    It's so wonderful, congrats Jean!

     
  • At May 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

    Thank you for the nice comments! These are leftover Y2K squares I collected from some very generous people who no longer needed/wanted them, with a few of my own added "just because", all cut at 2 1/2 inches. The next step is a colour washed border and I am sorting the rest of the squares for that. I do have siggy squares and they will be in the border. I got the big blocks all done at a retreat in May but now am back in the real world and don't have time to sew again.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home