WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Plug for Project Linus and a Thank You as well


Carol in Indiana *waving wildly at Carol* gifted me last year with a charm packet from Moda. There were 42 fabs, nice 5-inch squares. I was in the midst of chemo and Carol was nudging me to get my butt in front of the sewing machine. lol

My quilting motivation was a bit low, so I skipped anything complex, and made this simple little baby quilt. Finished machine quilting it on my vintage 1940s Singer Model 201.

I'm shipping it off today to my favorite Project Linus coordinator in Ohio *waving just as wildly at Judy*.

This is a simple design, easy to put together, and a great way to feature a full charm packet!

So if you're wondering what to quilt next, go online, find your local PL coordinator, make contact, and put together a couple baby quilts (or larger, for that matter.

So with no further to-do...for your viewing enjoyment!!!

Thanks, Carol, for the nudge.
And thanks, Judy, for passing this on to some child.

2 Comments:

  • At June 17, 2010 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Isn't that just the cutest quilt for a wee little girl?? Thank you, Judy, for thinking of Project Linus when you pondered what to do with these cheery little squares. You can be sure I will direct this quilt to a place where a sad little tyke and her family will be touched by this gift.

    Judy in Ohio

     
  • At June 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    What a great way to use the squares - gives me incentive to cut up scraps into 5" squares!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home