WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I've Been Blogged! Along With Kaffe Fassett and Other Quilters!

Wow! I've been published (on the net) and I didn't even ask!

I recently found a blog by Marina and Daryl of Quilt Inspiration. That day their post was about Dear Jane quilts and I thoroughly enjoyed their careful research in writing and reporting.

Soon after, they asked for permission to include a couple of my shirt quilts in today's article on quilts from recycled clothing. (This one is not there...two others are.) You can rightly guess that I wasted no time in saying, "Oh, Please Do!"....ooops....no, that isn't what I said. It may have been what I thought, but my response was a polite email something to the effect of "Oh, sure! Anytime!"

Their previous articles have impressed me in terms of scope, creativity, and effort! They spend considerable time researching, gathering, writing.

So if you love quilts (or if you are just plain curious) go to their article posted today..."Waste not, want not; Quilts from reclaimed clothing". You will see numerous types and styles of quilts made from recycled clothing.

Don't forget to click on their links to other Q photos and other Q websites. Way too much fun!

JudyPete aka WhiteStone
(You can see my own blog at http://revel217.blogspot.com/ . These days I blog about a lot of things...sometimes quilts.)

.

4 Comments:

  • At June 9, 2010 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    You are hanging out with fine company, Judy! Congratulations! Love that quilt on the couch. :-)

     
  • At June 9, 2010 at 9:59 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Judy in Ohio, somehow I knew you'd like that one.

     
  • At June 10, 2010 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

    I think that you can't beat a good old fashioned log cabin. I made a log cabin very early in my quilting life that was quilt as you go using rather wide strips and then joined the twelve inch or possibly bigger blocks with strips of muslin covering the seams in the back where they were joined. I think it was a pattern by Marti Michel who is one of my favorite teachers. I added some hand quilting on a cross country flight to deliver it to DD in CA. I's been her sofa quilt now for sixteen years or so.

    Jane

     
  • At June 10, 2010 at 10:29 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Jane, I made one of those "quilt as you go" log cabins, too! I sure was not crazy about the method but it did make for a sturdy quilt.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home