WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, May 24, 2010

new kinds of batting

Goodmorning:
I received my Hancock's of Paducah catalogue last week. Spent last night looking through all the yummy fabrics.
My question is--have any of you used the newer Bamboo blend, the blend made out of used plastic bottles? If so how do you like it?
My favorite batting has been the Warm & White, but I'm open to new things.
I'm taking a big load of clothes to Goodwill this morning, after cleaning out the drawers. Trying to get to the summer cool clothing.
Sara in Fla.

1 Comments:

  • At May 24, 2010 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

    Hiya, Sara.

    I've used the green Dream quilt batting, but I think that is 100% from plastic bottles.

    I've not heard of a bamboo/plastic bottle mix; I'll need to look for it.

    I have a longarm and that will quilt through anything :-) so I can't give any opinion on how the plastic bottle battig quilts. It does launder nicely and seems to be very drapeable.

    One caution, though .. because it it is a light green, if you have a light colored quilt (think big white or pastel open spaces), the green *will* shadow through.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home