WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

flannel chemo quilt

I made a flannel quilt for my step father using warm and natural. He loved it and used it every day. I ended up making at least 6 of these for different people. I use 8" blocks in trip around the world, four-patch and the brick/postcard patterns, then tied them with perle cotton 5. I used 56"-60" wide flannel on the back. In some of the middles I used a great heavyweight natural colored flannel that was 90" wide--I think Hancocks of Paducah carries it. 3 layers of flannel makes a really cuddly quilt. The layers stick together so the tying goes quickly. The quilts are snuggly, get softer with use and washing and everyone who has received one absolutely loved theirs.

I posted this last night but for some reason it never showed up so hope its not a repeat to you. These quilts are fast, easy and loved!

judy in ar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home