WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Gentle Writer

Read something today on the About.com quilting forum that I thought I should share here:

" I know that many of you are familiar with the work of Helen Kelley, a quiltmaker, teacher, quilting book author, columnist for Quilter's Newsletter since 1983 and a member of the Quilting Hall of Fame. She passed away Sunday."

Helen always seemed to have a gentle, kindly way of expressing the puzzlements and quandries of the quilter's mind (instead of ranting and raving over the frustrations of quilting) and I usually read her column first when my issue of Quilter's Newsletter arrived at my house. I think it is wonderful that she was able to write well into her eighties and I am also hoping that perhaps she died with her pen in her hand .... or at least a needle in her hand as she was doing some applique work.

Judy

1 Comments:

  • At September 2, 2008 at 9:03 PM , Blogger QM Judy said...

    Sad news.
    I hosted Helen when she spoke at our guild about 15 years ago. We went fabric shopping at the local places and went by a dime store that was selling out its Halloween stuff.
    She bought a Witch head pinata, planning to take it back on the plane with her. She was fun.

    Her books of compiled columns are great reading.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home