WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, April 25, 2008

Thanks JudyPete, Your quilts are terrific! I'm not sure I am ready to take on such a big commitment right now! Although using those shirt fabrics with some of the fabrics in my stash might just help bring that stash down to a more reasonable quantity.

This must be my week for questions. I took my sewing machine in for cleaning and some minor work, so I am using my grandma's featherweight for the first time. While at the repair shop, I was looking at an Elna Quilters Dream Pro. I liked the larger opening for cramming those rolled up quilts to MQ and some of the other features. Does anyone have this machine? What are the pros and cons? It would be a considerable investment compared to my midlevel Janome, and I want to make sure I've got some unbiased opinions before I even think about it.

Thanks again for the advice about the shirt fabric, and thanks in advance for any info on the Elna,

Laurel in Iowa

1 Comments:

  • At April 26, 2008 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Shelli Fiorenza said...

    I am not familiar with the Elna, but my Viking Megaquilter is awesome with its 10" throat. I love how it meanders on and off my quilting frame. I do not have the stitch regulator control for it, just run it under my own steam.

    Shelli

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home