WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I have been cutting up some men's shirts that my husband and son didn't wear (they were probably laundered several times though). I'm amazed at how much useable fabric there is in a single shirt! Before I do anything with it, I am wondering if the shirt fabric can be used with other new fabric. I remember hearing that with vintage quilts, the reason that some pieces show wear or disintegrate is because they were probably cut from used clothing. Is that still a problem? If it isn't safe to mix them with new fabric, I would probably have to get rid of them, because I really don't want to start a whole new section in my stash. My goal has been to use up some of my fabric and finish some UFOs!



What is everyone working on? I have been a bit discouraged by what seems to be an endless cold damp spring following a long cold winter. I should have snuggled up and worked on all those UFOs all winter, and I did get 5 of them off my list. I'm not terribly motivated to pull out another old project and I'm toying with the idea of using fat quarters from my stash and starting something bright and cheery!



Thanks for any advice!



Laurel in Iowa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home