WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, April 17, 2008

QUILT SHOWS

I wish I could sprout wings and fly around the country to all these wonderful quilt shows!! I also like the the information on quilt shows on this page because I was able to attend a show in Minnesota because of Joleen's posting. I would not have known about it otherwise plus it was a wonderful day for a drive in the country and a great show which was bulging at the seams with so many beautiful quilts.

Enjoy life and keep on quilting, Phyllis in Minnesota where spring I think has finally sprung

3 Comments:

  • At April 17, 2008 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

    Phyllis - what day did you come to the show? I was there all day both days. Next time, ask somebody to find me - Hope you enjoyed the show. Joleen

     
  • At April 18, 2008 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Phyllis in Minnesota said...

    Joleen: The show was wonderful with a variety of types and more vendors than I expected. Also like the fact there were so many you had to expand into the hall - there is NEVER too many quilts I my mind! Is this an annual show and is it usually at the same time of year? I was there around noon on Friday.
    I was telling the ladies at Project Linus about attending the show and the leader said your area of the state donates a large amount of quilts to Linus. A couple of the vendors told about all the quilts donated to a woman's shelter and Habitat for Humanity. A productive group of ladies.

     
  • At April 18, 2008 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

    Phyllis - this was only our second show--the first was two years ago. We will be holding them every other year at approximately the same time. We are thinking of looking at other possible venues - we really couldn't properly display a number of the quilts because of the quantity we received, even tho that church is huge. I'm sure I'll be posting info in two years when it's show time... Joleen

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home