WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, April 20, 2008

A shop closing for us too


Seems like quilt shops are coming & going for us too.

Sometimes I wonder if it's just because there are so many

more than there used to be?

Our most recent loss is very tragic. A shopper took her car

through the front window of a shopping center type shop &

did a great deal of damage. Two people were hurt including the

owner of the shop. The structural damage was significant & the

shop has been closed for some time. I got an email yesterday saying

they were closing.

Here's a new addition to my quilt family. Our guild has an annual

bazaar & I bought this from quilting friend. It's a little tattered but as

you can see it's very appealing. I can't tell you how lovely

the quilting is on this & how soft & supple it is , I just love it.

I would just love to hand quilt a tenth as nice as this.

Jill

1 Comments:

  • At April 21, 2008 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Jill, that is a remarkable vintage quilt ... you are a lucky duck to add that to your collection. Did the seller have a story to go with the quilt ... who made it, where it came from, any history at all?

    Judy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home