WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shop closing

My favorite quilt shop for batiks is closing and my local shop is for sale. Both shops say the economy is the reason. This is a bummer!

On a brighter note I got to spend the day with two quilting friends spending money at the shop that is closing and we did lunch. Then I went home and planted 30 bulbs--white & pink Asian lillies, Narcissi, and bearded iris. I noticed my bleeding hearts are sending up shoots and so are my yellow asian lillies. Guess my black thumb isn't so black!

Also got 2 quilts for Operation Snuggles quilted, one is bound as well. Two more to quilt and bind before the quilt show May 3rd and 4th deadline.

Well back to quilting....

Shelli

2 Comments:

  • At April 20, 2008 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

    What is operation snuggles?
    Sara in Fla.

     
  • At April 22, 2008 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Shelli Fiorenza said...

    Sara,

    Try number three to post an answer to your question.

    Operation Snuggles is an all volunteer group that makes quilts for the children of deployed military service people. We feel it is a way for kids to get a hug from a mom or dad who is serving far away.

    We also make Gold Star Quilts for the families of the fallen in recognition of their service and sacrifice. I belong to a group in Wisconsin, but I'm not sure if there is a group in Florida.

    Shelli

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home