WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, December 1, 2007

What's Hanging on Your Sewing Room Wall


I know many of you have small (or large!) collections of sewing items which I hope some of you will share with us. This is a small display in my sewing room. The half-dolls were once surrounded by a wide skirt which served as pincushions. The smaller ones are vintage. The larger one is a repro. If you look carefully at the top of the photo you will see a brush doll which I purchased at an estate auction of a dear friend.
You may ask, what is that yellow needle at the top of the photo. That, dear quilters, is a former toothbrush. The handle was cut and polished down to a point to make a needle for making rag rugs. It's golden color reminds me of amber ... even though I know it is just plastic. LOL.
JudyPete

1 Comments:

  • At December 1, 2007 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Well, that was fun to click on your photo and enlarge it to see the tatting shuttle, something that I know you have never used! :-) I have a display of old tools so I'll photograph it but it's in glass-backed cabinet so at least I don't have to dust mine. Where did you find the pincushion dolls .... I've never seen anything like those.

    Judy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home