WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, December 1, 2007

I think I can help, and I need help

12-1

Dutchrose, I have one of Shelley's books, how can I get what you need to you? I'm hoping the pattern you need is in there. She does machine pieced cathederal windows. Beautiful quilts and directions, but I haven't made one--yet.

I need help finding a paper pieced rose and rose bud. Can anyone help? We're expecting a great-niece in Feb., her name is going to be Rose, named after a favorite aunt. I thought a rose quilt would be appropriate. This is one for the packrats--I had more than 10 years worth of quilting magazines accumulting, to the point that I was running out of space, creating more fuel (secondary to my fabrics) in the event of a fire, and company coming needing the room--so this last summer I did a major purge--one of those magazines I remember had what I needed.

Even though I haven't posted in a long time, I check in faithfully every day.

4 Comments:

  • At December 2, 2007 at 1:16 AM , Blogger dutchrose said...

    thank you so much. does your book have the pattern for "berries jubilee"? you can see it at:
    http://shelleysstudio.com/Berries%20Jubilee.htm

    i need to figure out the size square to cut for the dark part (flying geese section) that gets turned back. i know that the two smaller squares are 2" (cut 2 1/2").

    the directions at http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_quilting_other/article/0,,HGTV_3305_1381641,00.html have you using 3 1/2" squares but i might be able to figure it out. if you have something that would give the correct size, that would be wonderful. OR if the pattern is in your book i need fabric requirements.

    thanx so much for any help you can give.

    dutchrose ---{-@

     
  • At December 2, 2007 at 11:07 AM , Blogger mamita's treadle said...

    I wanted so badly to be able to help you. I think the information you need is in her 2nd book, 'Cathederal Stars'. Sorry. I hope she's responded to your e-mail in time.

     
  • At December 2, 2007 at 12:21 PM , Blogger dutchrose said...

    thank you for trying. she hasn't yet responded to my e-mail, but with the picture on her website and dimensions of the quilt i was able to figure yardage for most of it. those pesky dark triangles had me stumped, but with the simply quilts website i think i might be able to figure it out now.
    dutchrose

     
  • At December 2, 2007 at 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm trying to help my mom figure out how to post comments here, so will tell you that she just gave me a beautiful garden quilt. The top is a bit of sky, an it gradually gets darker with little critters on the bottom - frogs, rabbits, dragonflies, etc. On the back there is a poem she made up about the rabbit salad bar in my back yard! My sisters and I are here in WA visiting from MN, so I get to sleep under it already. Moms are so great! I love mine.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home