WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Checking In

I haven't visited the BB in a long time, but checked in tonight and saw this topic. I enjoyed reading all the names from the past and they brought back memories of collecting squares for our Y2K quilts. Remember that project?! I am still quilting away here in SE Wisconsin although I had hit a dry spell for awhile. The biggest news in my life is the recent passing of the mother of my grandtwins, 2 days before Thanksgiving. Although Dusti and my son were never married and did not get along all that well, I loved her like a daughter. My son is a Marine Reservist and was in California training for his second deployment to Iraq. Now my son and the twins (they're 7) have moved in with me. I find myself getting into my sewing room more and more these days and am finding a lot of peace and comfort in quilting. My granddaughter has had her own space in my sewing room for a couple of years and now she joins me whenever I am quilting. I bought her a Janome Hello Kitty sewing machine last year and it is going to get a lot of use now.
Janell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home