WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ready?

Well, yes and no.
I gave up trying to make "quilty" gifts for people for Christmas. Between the babies, "warmy things" and assorted other gifts, they have to be finished by Nov. 1st. My rule a la Fly Lady. When asked after that I say "NO", I'm too busy. This has helped my state of mind so much in the last 2 or 3 years.
I stay out of my favorite quilt shop(s) during the month of December so I won't go crazy and sign up for something that I don't have any time to finish, and put pressure on myself.
As for other things--I hope to enjoy doing some baking maybe Tues. or Wed. of next week. The schools will be out for Christmas vacation, so my DGS #2 wants to bake something with me.
DSIL's family is Italian, so they want to have the whole clan over to their house for Christmas day. There is much noise, 7 grands, several dogs, etc., however it is not at my house, for which I am grateful. I don't have to polish silver, get out the good dishes, or anything like that. (when I want to do that later in the year, I just do it!) This takes all the pressure off me.
We do bring a ham, or veggies, or desert, or whatever is assigned to us. And a token gift. In years past I have made them, but now that we know them better it is something simple, like some special teas.
Since DH's surgery was yesterday, he isn't doing much, nor is he expected to. We did promise the grands that we would build them a tree house for their Christmas present, but since we live only 15 min. away, this can be done in January. DH had the idea to have them paint it a camo-type color, whatever they want, so they can be involved with it. We might tie a red ribbon on a piece of wood to have it under their tree.
There is no snow to blow or shovel here. The leaves on the Laurel Oak are constantly falling. This makes a big mess in the front yard, but it will be like that for another month or two. I gave up raking, just suck them up with the bag on the lawn mower, or ask the oldest grandson to do it, and give him a few $$.
Other than a belt to buy for my brother and get it in the mail, just enjoying the Chrismas music.
Tomorrow night is the kids Christmas party at church. The volunteers who work with them are wonderful. This year we are having a big dinner given to us by a couple who enjoy cooking for a crowd. It will be pork loin with some type of mustard glaze, etc. We just make a donation for the food, maybe $6.00 or so per person.
So, am I ready for the holidays? Other than buy some special items of food, yes. But we have to go grocery shopping anyway don't we?
Sara in Florida, where it is 80 again today.
The A/C is on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home