WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, October 12, 2007

Stitching With My Tongue Sticking Out

Well, since no one else seems interested in posting new items on the BB these days I guess I'll tell you about something I just purchased from the Keepsake Quilting catalog. This is a packet with two 36" x 44" pieces of pre-printed fabric called "Skillbuilders" with rather intricate patterns on them for free motion practice. The fabrics came with a booklet about how to learn free motion stitching (which I already know, thank you very much) and I can tell you that these "practice pieces" are certainly NOT for rank beginners. I know I will be concentrating so hard while doing this free motion practice work that my tongue will be sticking out just like it did when I was a kid learning how to write cursive. LOL

You can view what I am writing about at http://www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/2875.htm# or if that does not work, just go to the Keepsake Quilting website and type Skillbuilder in their search box. This should be an interestng challenge to see if I can follow the lines ... I plan on using purple thread and I will only work on this when I am well-rested and feeling capable of being focused. My free motion quilting (mostly on Project Linus quickie quilts) has gotten very loosey-goosey and I think I need to see if I can stitch like a grown-up again.

Judy

2 Comments:

  • At October 12, 2007 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

    I love the phrase "stitch like a grownup again"!! I, too, find myself falling back on the old meander/stipple and not challenging myself to try other patterns. Maybe I'll have to get some of that inspiration, too.

    Kathi

     
  • At October 12, 2007 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Kathi, so many of the younger-than-I-am quilters are going to excess that I don't want to try to keep up with their QTD (quilted to death) methods .... but I have gotten lazy with too many quickie quilts. I saw this in the KQ catalog and thought it would be a good thing for me to try. I won't use small motifs like the ones on this "sampler" but once I figure out how to make them I can expand on the size.

    Judy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home