WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hi from a sunny spring Mt

Hi ya ladies!. Tis spring on the Mt and we are greening up here. The kowhai are not yet in flower, but it is good to see the end of winter!

If I had the energy I would be doing a snoopy dance, as I have finished, bound AND labelled and handed over DSDs scrappy hearts quilt! It looks great and she is delighted with it, never guessed that it was for her although she was aware I was working on this heart quilt.

So onto my mums project, at last. And my girlfriends baby quilt- this one I am trying not to buy anymore fabric, but use what Ive got, a bit of a challenge, since i am limiting myself to 4 key colours. Ah well, maybe i just have to go shopping....

I am moving in slow motion these days. I am on holiday for a week, and we are going to the beach for a few days. It is usually much warmer at the coast, and I have packed an applique tablecloth that I have made to finish the blanket stitching on the fused applique pieces. Think I am a needleturn girl more than this style, but it will need to survive lots of washing. Mind you is white as a background fabric such a good choice for a tablecloth with a 3yr old in the house? LOL.

I bought myself about 1/2m of 'happy fabric' the other week, a glorious spring piece with lime green, hot orange-yellow's and deep pinks. Just makes me feel good looking at it.

We are keeping on here. DH wore his artificial limb for a few hours , helping a friend out working on his car. He ended up with huge blisters all over the stump, so back on crutches for a few weeks. He is having real issues with getting mobile with the leg.

He is still not talking to DD1, which is causing more grief in the family. To be honest DH is probably depressed, and suffering from Post Traumatic stress disorder, which explains his lack of coping, but then he is not doing anything to help himself or the rest of the family either. Its a tough time, and there are days I don't feel up to the challenge. I have leased my horse out, and I just get busy on my quilts. My way of coping. At least its productive!

Thinking of you all often, Love and Hugs to all, Thea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home