WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Block Butler

The following paragraph is a cut and paste of the quilty part of the post I just put on the chat page. I'd be interested to hear other folks' experiences with this product. I love the small one I have and it sticks to the wall for months and any blocks you put on it will do likewise. The first one of that size was defective though and had to be replaced. The owners of the business (I think it's a mom and pop affair) have been very gracious about that but it's getting old.

Tomorrow I will try to recover from having my grandson's laid out blocks all over the floor this morning when the block butler fell off the wall. The block butler lady told me on the phone to spritz it with water as it does not work well if it gets too dry. That's the last thing I will try before asking for a refund. I've already contacted the credit card people as the bill payment is due 10/19. It was much easier than it used to be. I simply took care of it on phone. Of course had to do the birth date, mother's maiden name etc. to convince them it was me and she told me to withhold the payment if the issue is not resolved by then. I still hope to resolve it as block butler is great if it works. So far I've had to have two of them replaced so their quality control stinks. At the frame Friday one of the gals said she had the same problem. If the moisture works I call her. Otherwise I'll get some cheap batting and simply tape it up there. Wish I'd done that in the first place. Flannel doesn't hold the blocks very long but I was advised (again at the frame) to use cheap batting. Sounds like a great idea and the price would be right.

Jane in NC

1 Comments:

  • At October 6, 2007 at 10:50 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    Thank you for posting your problems with the Block Butler. I have seen the ads for this & thought what a wonderful idea, but cost prohibitive for me. Now I won't feel so bad not getting it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home