WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Guild Web Sites

I have enjoyed the photos of your raffel quilts. My guild is doing a show in Oct of 2008 and our raffel quilt is being quilted now. We should be getting a photo and raffels to sell soon. We have a web page, but the photo is not up yet.
My question is about your web sites. Who maintains them? Do you pay for the site or is it free? Who is responsible for the updating of the site? A guild member or a web company?

I know my work web site is done by an outside web master and we have to contact them for changes to be made. We would love to be able to do it our self. We pay dearly for it to be up and running.

The guild site is free and when you go on it, there is all kinds of pop-ups and it gets very annoying. No one is updating it on a regular basis and it still tells of the quilt show we did 5 years ago and nothing about the new quilt show.

I was just wonder how other guilds are doing such lovely web pages with news letters and photos etc. How does your guild afford it?

Donna, LEH,NJ

2 Comments:

  • At September 29, 2007 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Donna, I think those annoying pop-ups are the "price you pay" when you sign up for a "free" product on the web. Nothing on the internet is truly free.

    I suspect that you need to have a guild member who is also an IT person ... or who has an IT person in the family who would be willing to offer some helpful hints to your guild. Perhaps a helpful teenaged son or daughter?

    Judy

     
  • At September 30, 2007 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

    I'm relatively certain that someone who is a member of the guild is our webmaster. She personally updates and maintains our page.
    It is http://www.hsvquilters.org/ and is hosted by www.everplanet.com.
    When I go there, I do not get any popups, but I have the security set pretty high on my Norton, and it is supposed to block pop-ups.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home