WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Opinions please !


I am so surprised to see the photo here ! It's ages since I posted one and I had quite forgotten how to ... This little top went together very easily, using the Disappearing 9 Patch method . I am planning to make it into a small quilt for an expected baby (sex as yet unknown..) Can't decide on borders. Doesn't look right with pink or blue and the neutral colour does nothing for it. I've "auditioned" the soft green but can't quite find the right shade.. It's for two young NZers who are living in the UK. I might look through the NZ fabrics to see if there is anything suitable there.. The photo is smaller than I meant it to be ! You can hardly see the pretty Beatrix Potter fabric. If you click on it you get a larger version.
Unexpected heavy frost here this morning. Won't do much for all of my blossom trees . They looked so pretty yesterday..
Off for a walk with an energetic friend !
Marion.

2 Comments:

  • At October 18, 2007 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    That is a darling, darling quilt top!!


    If you must add a border then I would suggest adding more of the blue and pink fabrics that you have already used ... perhaps making a piano key border alternating blue, pink, cream, blue, pink, cream all the way around. Or perhaps you can find a subdued, muted plaid using the colors ... use narrow bands of the blue and pink to frame what you have already done and then add the plaid border outside the narrow bands. But the Potter prints are so adorable that perhaps you could just border the quilt in tone on tone cream print.

    That's a problem with today's world of quilting .... too many choices. LOL

    Judy

     
  • At October 18, 2007 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

    Thank you Judy. You are always there to encourage and advise ! I really appreciate your comments. I had thought about the piano key idea . I rather like the idea of a muted plaid and will look around to see what I can find. The baby isn't expected until February, so I have some time up my sleeve !

    Marion.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home