WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, August 3, 2007

JUDY

You mean to say your Wally World actually has a fabric dept? No such luck in most places. That dept. has gone by the boards. I have either to go on line or drive 38 very mountainous miles to buy a damned needle!!

As for the spray, the ads say that the stuff comes in a choice of scents. Dammit! Why in the world to they have to make everything spell like cheap perfume??!! That's right up there with most public buildings forcing bad music on us. Most of those hideous scents smell like what we called in my high school days in the fifties, a French whore house. See Rosey? I've sunk to your level. Well, okay, I've always been on your level or worse. We are sisters in our annoyance about things over which we have no control. Anyway, Febreeze is a hideous example of what I'm writing about. I'd rather smell wet dog than that stuff. If it is killing odor why do they have to stink it up? I believe most of those things just cover one bad odor up with another.

Someday I'll tell you all how I really feel about it.

I'll catch up on my news after I calm down (I've been in a snit for hours about other stuff but I won't bore you with it.)

I had a great time with the DGSs and shed a tear or two at their departure. More detail later.

Oh, by the way, LAVINIA'S beautiful log cabin, flower applique quilt of Pigeon Forge fame won a third place in her category at the Asheville Quilt Show this weekend and that's a far superior show to Pigeon Forge any day. There were certainly many more quilts in her category too. CONGRATULATIONS TO LAVINIA!!

Jane in NC, having a hissy fit tonight.

3 Comments:

  • At August 3, 2007 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

    ITA with you, Jane, about the prevalence of perfumes all around these days. ITA also with you about Febreeze --- it is just another perfume that covers the odor. I'm quite sensitive to perfumes, esp. cheap ones. The array of perfumes in deodorant is mind-boggling . . . what happened to plain & simple, or unscented? Aaack!!!
    Perfumed deodorants, laundry products, toiletries, etc. It's a wonder we don't attract bears or bees.
    LOL, let's tell them all how we really feel about it. ;-)

     
  • At August 4, 2007 at 12:12 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    I agree whole heartedly. The odor of Febreeze gets to me as bad as whatever the first offense was. I use Tide Liquid w/bleach alternate. All of a sudden it comes with Downy and Febreeze and all these scents. All I want is the original and can't even find it anywhere. I don't like all the extra "c..." It is so frustrating having to look thru all the options, then to find the plain one isn't even there.

    So WHO do we contact??? I'm in.

     
  • At August 4, 2007 at 12:12 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home