WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, August 26, 2007

For Thea in NZ

Thea, I often don't come over to the Bulletin Board as often as I'm on slow speed dial up and it takes so long to download the site to post but I'm glad that I did to catch your posting yesterday when I went onto the Board. Can you take the time to come over to the Chat Board and post there? Maybe there are others, like me, who don't read both all the time. Without saying too much as this is the Bulletin Board, may I say that I'm glad to have an update on your life and the very painful situation with your husband's amputation. We never know what life has in store for us and many times, it is often very unfair.

To make this quilty so that I don't get into trouble here...I have not cleaned up my studio this summer, because the diningroom, which is next to it and joined by french doors, is very visable to where I feed my B&B guests. For many years I did not quilt during the summertime and missed doing it but this year I decided to heck with my mess. Apparently many of my guests enjoy watching a work in progress (which is another word for my quilt mess!)

I'm working with the natural cotton purchased at Greenwood Quiltery in Guelph, Ontario and while the blue faded badly but is pretty nevertheless, my sample will remain a sample and I've ordered a Kona cotton denim colour for the background of this particular pattern which I designed in the 70's. I now refer to it as applique for arthritic fingers because the pieces are mostly large enough for stiff fingers to handle. I love the natural cotton though and am sorry that it won't be continued at the store. I don't mind some fading so will see what the natural colour does with the more neutral colours. The weave of the textile is far superior to what is often found on the market now. I long for the day when the old cotton will come back into fashion and wrinkles may come back into style. It's what I love so much with the old cotton quilts is all that wrinkling...

RoseyP in Canada

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home