WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

AQS Show in Nashville this week

I just returned from the AQS Expo at Opryland Hotel. http://www.americanquilter.com/shows_contests/nashville/2007/general_information.php
My feet and legs are sooo tired from walking around there 4 1/2 hours. I really liked the MetroTextural quilts exhibit by the Manhatten Quilters Guild: MetroTexture
My favorite was "Manhattan by night" (or something like that) At the linked website it is the upper left one by Ludmila Aristova. In real life it looks quite different and has subtle yet perfect beading in some palces. All the other quilt displays were nice but too many QTD'd ones, IMHO. My favorite was a nice old-fashioned ninepatch. LOL

I shopped till I dropped. My big find was the booth from Varsity Quiltsl I bought an Auburn Univ. lap quilt kit to make up for our son as a Xmas gift. It was rather pricey but all the graphics are machine embroidered, and very nicely done. They booth owners said they're working on getting the licensing agreements worked out with more schools and are open to suggestions for schools to pursue. (Part of the price includes the royalties they have to pay.) I can't wait to get started on this project. :-D

I think every machine company (long and short arm) had a booth there, lots of FMQ frames, and lots of nice fabrics. I didn't take any classes this year, as I just was not inspired by the offerings. I've taken so many over the years here and in Paducah, that I think I am finally at a point where I need to use what I have learned.

That's all I can remember for now. My mind is bursting with all I saw. ;-) I hope some of you can attend it this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home