WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Blogger is Soooooo Dumb

Today I was on autopilot trying to enter a comment to Beth's comment on the recent "mystery" about name the star block. Blogger kept telling me that my password was wrong.

My password was not wrong. It is the same dumb password I use for umpteen different quilting websites. (JudyPete has chastised me for using the same password at too many places but I maintain the security of my personal ID is not dependent on quilting websites.) Anyhow, I kept retyping my password and Blogger kept saying Password is wrong.

I finally focused my brain and realized I had not entered my email address as my user name. I had entered Judy in Ohio instead of my email address.

Blogger did not tell me that my User Name was wrong. Dumb Blogger said my password was wrong.

Blogger must be a guy. He knew I was making a mistake but he didn't tell me which mistake I was making. How unhelpful can Blogger be???

I am telling this story on myself in case any of you are having trouble posting here on the BB Blog. You might be making the same mistake I just made. When it asks for user name give it your email address. And if it says your password is wrong, maybe your password is wrong and maybe it isn't. LOL

Judy in Ohio

3 Comments:

  • At August 19, 2007 at 4:16 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    I've had the exact same experience. I know that my password is the same, same, same. No matter what I did, it didn't work & I finally gave up and didn't post. One day I put in the email address out of frustration and voila! I wondered why it said password, too instead of user name.

    Now I have a different problem. Everytime I post one of these comments, it posts twice and I have to delete one after the fact.

     
  • At August 19, 2007 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Oh, Judy, I guess Blogger has a "crush" on you and loves you so much ... giggle .... that he wants to show everyone what a favorite you are. Or else Blogger thinks you are twice as important as any other Judy on the BB. :-)

    I think we can have lots of fun with the idea of Mr. Blogger being some oaf or galoot of a gatekeeper.

    Judy

     
  • At August 20, 2007 at 2:02 AM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home