WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, July 12, 2007

You know you are

You travel with an empty suitcase neatly folded in your baggage...allegedly for dirty laundry; however you know you are a quilter when you toss the dirty laundry and fill the suitcase with fabric. Or when the Delta Queen stops in Paducah you skip breakfast and walk to the bus station at 7:30 am to get a cab to Hancocks, arrive before the store opens and stand there looking pitiful until they let you in to shop until the store opens...never mind how you explain that heavy bag to the DH when you leave the ship. However, I'm now downsizing and need to find an addiciton needing less storage. A fabric lending library where I can return the unused portion????

Didn't I read an article giving the approximate useful yardage contained in a man's dress shirt?
Betty in Oregon

2 Comments:

  • At July 14, 2007 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Terry Williams said...

    I've found a great way to get rid of those left-overs - too big to conscience throwing away, yet you really would like to cut down on that stash... I donate them to the Project Linus group. About every 6 months I try to go through my stash and give away at least 6 "inches" of fabric. The group *really* appreciates it, the fabric is going to a good cause - and my DH doesn't have to worry about my stash taking over every closet in the house... :-) Hope this helps!

     
  • At July 14, 2007 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Terry Williams said...

    P.S. - that's a six-inch *stack* of fabric, not a six-inch square (oops!) that I try to set aside twice a year...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home