WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

You Know You're a Quilter

I mention my shirt quilts so often I really do have to say that I also use REAL quilt fabric and have quite a substantial stash. Having said that, and knowing that I make quilts out of quality men's cotton shirts, you won't be surprised when I confess that I covet (as in COVET) good-looking men's shirts....Oops, no, that's not right,....I mean good-looking shirts on men. LOL. Several years ago when I was still working we had a very nice looking young man (by young, I mean five years younger than myself) who wore the nicest shirts. He had one that he was afraid to wear to the office for I commented so often that if he ever threw it away, I wanted it. LOL. I worked in an all-male office and the guys knew I was a serious quilter for that was about the time I made my Y2K quilt. Even though I never before took a quilt to the office for show-n-tell, I did take the Y2K quilt to the office. I must tell you, men are not very good at ooohing and aaahing.

I have to confess that I often check the men's section in the large department stores to see the current styles in terms of colors, stripes vs. plaids, etc., to determine what I will be picking up next year at yard sales and Goodwill. They have some yummy colors and the stripes are finely woven, not printed. Oh, Yummy.

Silk shirts. That's another story...and I haven't begun collecting them, but silk is such a lovely fabric.

And you all must think I'm loonier than a bat to focus in on shirt fabs and ignore all the gorgeous fabs in the Q store. LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home