WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, July 12, 2007

See! I told you it was a good idea!


Some of you must have snorted when I said I was going to put a pair of scissors in my purse in anticipation of that next lovely shirt on some handsome man's back. Phyllis in MN commented to my previous entry and said this....

"I think a scissors is a great idea because a rotary cutter could get you into REAL trouble!"

So, you see, a pair of scissors is not a bad idea at all.

Even little boys sometimes wear woven cotton shirts in nice plaids or stripes. So the next time you decide to clear the outgrown shirts from your son's closet, save those 100 percent cotton shirts and make him a memory "nap quilt". Nap quilts are of whatever size is needed to snuggle on the couch. Little guys would need a small quilt. Bigger guys need a longer quilt. But either way, they would love the manly plaids, stripes, prints, etc, that are used to make men's and boys' clothing. I've never gone into the flannels, but those could be used as well. Or perhaps the memory nap quilt would be for YOU to use when your "little boy" grows up and moves off to college...you can snuggle under the quilt and remember his little boy days.

On my bed is a lightweight spread made of shirt fabs and a very thin cotton batt. The fabs are pale neutrals and the design is a simple one of squares. This quilt went together quickly and I love it's light weight. I detest today's 6-inch thick comforters at the local department store for they always look as if they are going to slide off the bed at any moment. LOL.

JudyPete

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home