WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, July 27, 2007

THAT'S DISAPPEARING NINE PATCH

is what i meant. Once again, my fingers, just like my mouth often does, got going before my brain was in gear. When I called Mary today she said she was unable to open the file I sent her with the directions and she has no idea who made the quilt I saw today. Could it be there is a lurker here who reads the board? Where did this pattern come from, perhaps lots of folks know about it. Anyway, Mary says anything that starts out with a nine patch is ideal for interesting but quickie scrap quilts.

Jane

1 Comments:

  • At July 28, 2007 at 3:25 AM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    Two different books have been mentioned as being the source of the disappearing nine patch pattern--one of them is Slice Em & Dice Em. However, I've looked at that book a few times and have NOT found this pattern in it. The other book was Magic Pillows, Hidden Blocks or something along that line. I have not found it to look at in person, and it is $20 on ebay, so won't be getting it for a while.

    Someone mentioned it here on line as a pattern for scraps/charity projects. Then someone said she was making it using planned fabrics, which is what I did. Another poster listed the about.com forum where a tutorial was pictured. That was very helpful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home