WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, July 27, 2007

SPLIT NINE PATCH

At the room where we gather at the fram and where our latest charity quilts (mostly for Head Start and some for hospital nursery and pediatric dept.) are hung to see before they are delivered to the recipients guess what was there? I'd sent the split nine patch pattern to the lady who is in charge of our charity quilt program suggesting that it would be a good, while quick pattern. She takes in bags and bags of scraps and donated fabric. Various shops contribute batting and she makes up kits after cutting and straightening the contributed fabric. Members are free to make their own or pick up a bag containing a kit. They can do as they please including adding fabric of their own. Some of these scrappy, colorful quilts are amazing. I hadn't gotten a return email from Mary about the pattern I'd sent but there was one on the wall. Drat, I didn't have my camera with me and I won't be over there for another week so will probably miss the opportunity to share it with you.

Jane in NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home