WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, July 21, 2007

more batting

I am in Dallas for the weekend taking my ds to drum corps shows. But today I met up with a lady I met on line. She took me to the United Notions warehouse--the place where quilt shop owners get all their Moda fabrics, books, patterns and notions. We were there for over 3 hours and did not see everything. We also visited a quilt shop that is closing with last day being tomorrow. They had just closed and really did not want to let us in. But when I finally got them to at least come to the door and talk to us, I explained how I had emailed them about my visit from AR and that it had taken us over an hour to find their store, they gave us 15 minutes.

But I digress. At United Notions I discovered my disappearing 9 patch is 3" too wide for a crib batting. I wasn't sure what I wanted to fill it with. But I found a king size cotton batting that I can cut into 4ths and it will work perfectly!!

I also use flannel in the middle of many of my quilts, especially baby quilts and always my flannel quilts. It is much easier to handle and drapes well. It makes the flannel quilts so cuddly.

2 Comments:

  • At July 21, 2007 at 10:28 AM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Judy - Where is the United Notions located in Dallas? Do you have to have special credentials or an invitation to get in? Sounds like a dream place - I take it the prices are wholesale???? I try to buy kingsize batting when I find it on sale - amazing how much you can cut out of one of those big squares! NancyH

     
  • At July 21, 2007 at 5:52 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    Yes, it is wholesale for retailers only, tho there seemed to be many people there including women for a moda university session. My friend has an ebay store so we got her discount. Plus, for cash and carry customers the batting was an additional 15% off.

    Most places where I live do not even carry king size batts. You have to special order and most won't do that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home