WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Love the 'you know you're a quilter when....." comments...all of them apply to me but I will add one myself......"you know you're a quilter when the first room painted and cleaned in your new home is the sewing room"...we are in the process of moving and DH painted the sewing room first.....didn't even have to ask!!

Also love the disappearing nine-patch and as soon as my fabric stash arrives and gets unpacked I will be trying that pattern, also with the variation that someone posted....I have kept the bookmarks for the pattern and emailed myself the variation.....

2 Comments:

  • At July 18, 2007 at 12:45 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    To what variation are you referring? The original poster said she uses scraps, another said hers was planned fabrics as was mine. Was there another variation that I missed??

     
  • At July 18, 2007 at 4:40 PM , Blogger heather said...

    this is what I copied from an earlier post...unfortunately I didn't get the name when I copied and pasted

    the about.com quilting forum I saw a member post this idea on making a planned quilt (as
    opposed to a scrappy one) using the idea of the disappearing pattern. I've copied and pasted
    what she is doing for a friend's wedding gift and I hope it works on this blogging format.

    Judy

    "I am making this pattern for my best friend's wedding. It is so much fun to work on! Another
    way you can lay out the 9 patches is

    A B A

    C D C

    A B A

    A's are the same, B's are the same, C's are the same and D is what you want to have the
    smallest. Since B and C are cut, I use my focal fabric and large scale prints for A's and I am
    loving the results!"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home