WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Batting

I had a Warm & Natural quilt shrivel up on me too, so now I preshrink the batt. You really don't need to wash or soak it -- just spritz it and throw it in the dryer.

Sharon Schamber, winner of the 2007 Best of Show at Paducah (and last year's winner at Paducah and Houston) uses Hobbs Wool batting. She spent 1000 hours QTD her latest winner, but she sure does nice work.

http://www.sharonschamber.com/

I just took a class with Sharon on making a looped border, basically putting lotsa spaghetti strap loops in the border. Sharon's really laid-back and fun to learn from. Not that I'll ever QTD anythang -- I'm more of a piece-maker and prefer to "quilt by check" (Sharon's term for sending out a quilt to be MQ'ed.)

SeamSTRESS Sally

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home