WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, July 19, 2007

QTD - wonderful term

Coming out of lurkdom - I mostly hang out on the Chat Board).

ITA with Judy. Machine quilting can get reeeally stiff when there is a lot of it. I've seen some quilts that are down right board-y. They are then wall art and would never drape on a bed properly. I think Diane Gaudynski uses a really fine 100wt. silk and I wonder if that gets boardy stiff. Even the batting makes a difference when there is a lot of dense FMQ. I love that term "Quilted To Death." :-)

1 Comments:

  • At July 19, 2007 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Doris, that's why I spoke up with my DSIL .... her quilts she had made as gifts for newborns were indeed "boardy". I felt that someone should give her an honest assessment and I know her well enough to be that person. If they are laundered three or four times and beaten up in the clothes dryer they will become soft and bendable but they will never be "drapey".

    Judy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home