WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Remember the Y2K Charm Quilts?

Now I'm wondering....remember when so many BBers were swapping packets (squishies) of 2.5 inch squares of 25 different fabrics plus a siggy square? I swapped with about 80 other quilters and made one of those Y2K quilts, using the proscribed 2000 Different fabrics. I have a confession to make...ever since, whenever I cut into a new fabric, I always cut a 2.5 inch square and set it aside. I have a fairly large tupperware container of these squares! I'm aghast at myself! I'm wondering how many others of you have continued cutting 2.5 or 3.0 inch squares for your particular charm stash?

One of these days I'll dig out that container, sort those squares, and make another charm quilt. Only I don't think I'll use 2000 fabs. That quilt was huge. This one will be smaller...these days I tend to make nap quilts...they go together faster.

In the meanwhile, I find myself doing the same with the shirt fabrics...I have quite a small stack of charm squares cut from shirts.

I think I'm strange. (And perhaps you do, too.) LOL

JudyPete

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home