WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Today's Block

Those of you who remember reading my past posts know that I make "shirt quilts", using quality 100 percent cotton fabrics from men's shirts and women's blouses. Sometimes a child's shirt as well, when I find one I like. I find these at yard sales, the Goodwill, my hubby's closet (when he's not looking). If the collar and cuffs are clean and like new, I know the fabric is still strong and sturdy.
Some time back I found an X-large man's shirt with this wonderful patriotic red toile fabric. This fabric may be in quilt shops as well, but it's been so long since I've been inside one, that I don't know that for certain.
I liked its patriotic theme.
Today DH and I attended the funeral for one of our fallen, a young man who graduated from our local school. I know many members of his extended family and one of his aunts has been one of my closest friends.
This block is in memory of this fine young man. I fussy cut the toile to include faith, freedom, and the blessing of home.
May God bless him and his family. And may God bless us all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home