WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, June 21, 2007

ANNA

Can someone explain Anna's need to have two invites, one for each board? When I sign in with my email and my password I get access to both boards. When I hit the post button it comes up with the dashboard listing both sites and I can post on either or both. I use a single user name and a single password. Am I suffering from loss of memory here or what?

To make this quilty I'm almost caught up with the guild mystery. There is a little bit of piecing left on the blocks then I start on the June (and last) portion. We are under strict orders to have a top done at the next meeting on 7/9. I have one of nine blocks done and it turned out to be a clever meld of snail's trail and friendship star. Of course I'm doing the 52"x52" wall hanging. Some are doing bed sized quilts. Yikes, I would have another UFO for my vast collection had I tried that.

Judy's recommendation to paper piece square in a square is one well taken. I got the advice too late for this project but will bear it in mind in the future. It would not be too challenging to make one's own paper piece patterns and would make a biiiig difference in accuracy. I've lost a bunch of points not having done that. Since it was a blind step by blind step job, the first step being cutting, that opportunity was lost. Oh well, I'll just tell people it's a square in a snowball, a block of my own invention. Prepare yourselves to see a post of my invention on the board sometime before 7/9.

Jane in the chilly, beautiful mountains of western NC

4 Comments:

  • At June 21, 2007 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Jane, I recall having to sign up for the WWQP Bulletin board blog and then once that was perking along for a while Eric created the Chat blog and we had to be invited to join that one. Membership in one blog did not automatically include membership in the second blog. (I just had to retype the word "blog" several times ... I kept spelling it "blong". I think "blong" is a cute word, don't you? LOL)

    Judy

     
  • At June 21, 2007 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

    BLONG, df, The sound made when one smacks one's head against a cupboard door which should not have been left open.

    Jane

     
  • At June 22, 2007 at 2:34 PM , Blogger anna in spain said...

    All I know is, I can't post on the chat board yet!! The "new entry" button doesn't show up, and the page is in black and white. Eric sent me 2 different invites to the regular tech blog, from the ttsw addy. I did send him a request for an invite to the chat blog a week ago and have yet to recieve any reply. Sigh. Nobody wants to have me post chat to this blog and I understand that but....sigh. It's hard to wait. Not that my life is that interesting...

     
  • At June 26, 2007 at 6:31 AM , Blogger ShellyQ said...

    Hi, I can,t post to this blog either, although I can to the other, would love to know how to fix this as I would really like to share quilty things too, ShellyQ

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home