WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Quilting and The High Speed Internet

If you have high-speed internet service you might enjoy poking around on http://www.quilterstv.com/ This used to be Quilters News Network (or something called QNN) and I wasn't aware that the old QNN had evolved into something new and quite "slick" but it's worth a look. There are brief commercials to endure but there's a selection of clips to watch and it's available at your convenience which makes it much better than the old stuff on HGTV or PBS.

The quality of your viewing will depend on the quality of your server's hook-up, of course. I'm in a rinky-dink small town and my bps speed is never as good as other folks seem to get and so people's voices sound good but their lips don't match what they are saying .... gives a comical aspect to the shows that I am seeing.

Considering how our grandmothers and great-grandmothers learned to quilt one hundred years ago and the options available to us now I will not complain too loudly about audio-video synchronization on my computer "movies". LOL

Judy

2 Comments:

  • At June 24, 2007 at 11:07 AM , Blogger lonna in wi said...

    thank you for letting us know about quilterstv.com. I watched the curve master foot program and like your viewing, I had the unmatched talking. I don't have a curve master but would get one now that she has shown how easy it works. :0)

     
  • At June 24, 2007 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    I have one of those CurveMaster feet Lonna and I love how easily it works. Don't try using it without the tweezers, though. :-)

    Also, you can use it as a quarter inch foot for straight sewing of seams and it gives you a perfect "scant quarter inch seam". I don't think they advertise it for that ... it's just something quilters have discovered. Just slap two pieces of fabric together as usual and stitch as with normal piecing.

    Judy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home