WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Placemat suggestions

I haven't been here in a while. Got a part-time job that is seriously cutting into my quilting time! I have to make several sets of placemats for a church event and find myself stumped as to ideas for something simple, yet attractive. I don't have a lot of time and don't really want to work with lots of pieces (i.e. half-square triangles for star points). I'd like to just use some really "now" fabric colors and let the fabric be the focus. Any good ideas?? Thanks so much...NancyH

4 Comments:

  • At June 23, 2007 at 8:59 PM , Blogger lonna in wi said...

    Look for chicken or any theme printed material and then sew on the diagonal for quilting. Otherwise sew cordinating material in three and half in.squares and just quilt in the ditch.

     
  • At June 23, 2007 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Margaret from Long Island, NY said...

    A very attractive placemat can be made by stitching strips on a lining/backing sandwich in a pineapple pattern. This can be found in many books and on internet. By using two complimentary fabrics a very pretty pattern emerges. Best of all, when it is done no quilting is needed - just bind and wait for compliments!!

     
  • At June 24, 2007 at 7:51 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Marge - Do you have a website or book where I can see this? It sounds intriguing but I'm having trouble visualizing...I do better with pictures! Thanks so much..NancyH

     
  • At June 24, 2007 at 7:51 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Oops - I meant Margaret, not Marge. Nancy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home