WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, May 24, 2007

West Michigan checking in

What a wonderful thread. I've enjoyed reading them all.
What a great way to get folks to post. I took 4H when I
was in grade school. Home EC in high school. I sewed for
myself and all 5 of the kids. I can remember my Grandma
teaching me to make nine patches when I was little. I took my
first quilting class, I think in 70 or 71. I've never looked back.
I have many tops that need to be quilted. I like the piecing part
the best. When I started it was drawing around a template, adding
the seam allowance and sewing by hand. When I started piecing by machine
my kids said I was cheating. Most things I make are scrappy. I have way
more fabric than I will ever be able to sew up. I don't buy like I used to. I
enjoy making Christmas table runners to give as gifts.
Mayme

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home