WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, May 24, 2007

One of My Favorite Quilts


So what is your favorite quilt? The one you've created and you love the most? I saw a vintage 6-point star quilt draped over a sofa in a magazine ad years ago. I loved it. I drafted the star shapes (thank you, high school geometry teacher!) and pieced this together on my Singer Featherweight one year when we were spending a month in warmer clime. This was my first quilt where the seams extended only to the point of the piece, and not into the seam allowance. To get the vintage look I chose 1930s reproduction fabrics and also used some genuine vintage fabrics my DD found for me at a yard sale. The yellow was very difficult to find...quilt shops had not yet begun carrying large selections of solid colors. Finished this one by hand quilting.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home